Established in 1854, the historic cemeteries in the 600 block of West Arkansas in Arlington, Texas, began as:
Mill Branch Cemetery 1850s - 1950s
Located in the eastern portion of the cemetery site, this is the resting place for the Eli Ford Family and other pioneers, including the Middleton Tate Johnson family.
Middleton Tate Johnson Family Cemetery - mid 1850s - 1950s
The Father of Tarrant County, M. T. Johnson, passed away in 1866 and was buried in the State Cemetery in Austin. In 1870, his remains were relocated to the Mill Branch cemetery. In 1936, his grave site was marked with a Centennial Marker by the Texas Historic Commission. In the 1950s, the Johnson family requested that a portion of the cemetery be renamed to Middle Tate Johnson Family Cemetery.
Arlington Colored Cemetery 1900 - 1950s
Located on the western portion of the cemetery, this was the only place in Arlington where African American residents could purchase burial plots. Alma Johnson is the earliest identified burial in 1916.